Enjoying your patio all year long is made easy with patio heaters, but determining the right heater can change your entire experience. Electric patio heaters provide a cleaner heat with fewer fumes — allowing you to make more memories outside, but which electric heater is the one for you?
We’ve provided a guide to help you determine which heater is the best fit for you and your family and why.
Why electric over other patio heaters?
The first rule of thumb is knowing what you want and where you want it. You need to examine what type of patio heating you need to help determine which type of heater works best for your needs. There are four types of electric heaters:
- Hanging: Best suited for small gazebos and patios, these options are placed above individuals for entertaining—out of sight, out of mind.
- Umbrella-mounted: Like the size and convenience of tabletop models, these forms of electric heaters attach to umbrella center poles for standard heating.
- Wall-mounted: Using a bracket mount, you install this to the side of your home or deck.
- Standing: This is the most popular option as it's excellent for all outdoor spaces of all sizes.
Electric heaters are superior to propane heaters as they have no smell, better for the environment, and much more. Since electric heaters are more than 90 percent energy-efficient, you save time and money. The reason for such efficiency is due to the infrared rays. Through this state-of-the-art technology, the rays absorb the heat generated by people and objects in the room to create comfortable temperatures in the surrounding area. If you’re looking to buy an electric heater, an infrared heater is worth your time and efforts.
What makes a great electric patio heater?
We’ve provided a list of some of the best electric heaters, but what makes them so efficient? How do you know you're purchasing the perfect heater for your home? You truly just need to understand what your needs are.
Where are your outlet plugs located on your porch? Do you have the typical 120-volt outlet? You’ll need to ensure that the electric heater you purchase meets the outlet voltage needs as most of them are suitable for 240-volt outlets only. Consider the electrical costs in your area. Every state and location is different, so knowing how much electricity is used to produce the heat you need will show how much money you’ll spend over time.
The moral of the story, it's a great patio heater if you make it one. Do your research and understand what you want, and each option can fit your needs. We’ve researched for you with the following most common and effective electric heaters based on price, reviews, and type.
5 of the best electric patio heaters.
© 2021 Riverbend Home.
Besides the flawless functionality and remote control, this heater uses the latest technology to provide oscillating warmth wherever you need it. The infrared heat offers two different settings to warm you and your guests.
Also, the tower-like design provides warmth up to six feet away. Since it is an outdoor heater, it is impervious to the elements due to its waterproof rating, which makes it the perfect heater for wet climates.
© AZ Patio Heater
Small but mighty, this tabletop electric heater standing at three feet tall works exceptionally well for all screen porches. It is a multipurpose heater as it acts as an extra light when turned on. Not only is it waterproof, but it’s extremely convenient as it uses your typical voltage for 120-volt outlets.
A friendly warning is it comes with a weighted base; though it looks small, it may be far heavier than anticipated. Other than that, reviews prove that customers are pleased with the results.
Whether indoor or outdoor, this hanging electric heater option provides the convenience and simplicity every homeowner requires. Since it is an infrared heaters no odors or fumes are produced, meaning added peace of mind. It's exceptionally quiet and entirely weatherproof.
© AZ Patio Heaters LLC.
Nothing is worse than wanting to enjoy the outdoors but suffering from a bone-chilling wind. This electric outdoor heater provides the convenience of attaching to your umbrella rods to keep you warm in the shade and enjoying the outdoors. It has a wide range as it heats up to a fifteen-foot radius. The 1500 Watts with stainless steel design provides instant heat. Like many of the other options, it is waterproof with a fashionable flair. The one caveat is that the product is sold in different units. What you see in the picture is not one unit but separate units. Not a major deterrent, but something to consider.
This specific electric heater was made for convenience with remote control included and a 500-hour life span. The heater is most optimal on patios, porches, and under a pergola; the heater remote offers a 24-hour timer option. Enjoy the following other features:
- Powerful Instant Heating: Since it is an infrared unit, it provides heating similar to the sun where it is instant and long-lasting.
- Easy to use: There is only partial assembly required with a rocker switch making it more user-friendly.
- Energy-saving: No Gas or other flammable fuel is required; energy-saving is 30%-40% compared with ordinary heaters.
- Superior in the outdoors: With three different power settings, you can choose the option that is most suitable for any of your outdoor venues; garages, courtyards, restaurants, etc.
- Safety Design: With CE and ETL certificated, the heater is weather and dust proof and maintenance-free with automatic tip over and overheating safety protocols.
Your outdoor experience is only as good as your heater. You want to create an enjoyable and luxurious experience for your guests and family. Outdoor electric patio heaters come in various shapes and sizes that will function for all of your unique outdoor needs. Regardless of the type, you’ll be glad you chose the electric route.